Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

bon qui qui

If you haven't seen the video, you really should make the time. CLICK HERE. It's hilarious.

I came into contact with a cashier at Sbarro a few days ago that reminded me of things Bon Qui Qui would say.

Here's how my experience went:

I met a friend for lunch at the mall and told another friend at work I'd pick up some lunch to bring back to them. He said he wanted Sbarro so I headed that way.

The guy prepared the food and put it in a bag. When he told the cashier girl/lady I also ordered a Dr. Pepper, she looked me up and down and said, "You don't need no Dr. Pepper".

Oh really? How about you just take my money and keep your opinion to yourself. (Yeah I didn't say that, but I kinda wanted to)

I didn't wanna say none of the food was for me because my friend gave me his debit card to use. So I just said, "She'll be fine."

She turned to her co-worker and said, "She don't need no caffeine, she's pregnant!"

He just shrugged and went to help another customer.

Then she said - again - "You shouldn't have no caffeine you know".

I told her I didn't give her (Ladybug) much caffeine - which I don't - not that it was ANY of her business anyway.

"Ok, alright then", she said. "So when are you due?"

I told her next month.

"Ohh, yeah, ok cause you're huge!"

Thanks a lot queen of meatballs and large, cardboard-tasting pizza slices. First you insult my ability to know what's safe to give my baby and then you insult my beautiful pregnant belly?!

Honestly, I just have to laugh at the whole thing. I mean, really, some people....

3 comments:

The Halbert Home said...

WOW! Some people have nerve. I would have been so frustrated.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Wow, I would have asked for the manager! I'm sorry you had to deal with such a stupid person!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Wow. That definitely tops any "Can you believe they said that???" story I have in this pregnancy. I mean, goodness. How many times did she think she needed to repeat herself!? Ridiculous!