Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
- having a baby is A LOT more sanctifying than I ever imagined in so many more ways than I ever imagined
- you can never have enough baby wipes in the diaper bag
- everybody has an opinion on how kids should be raised. I need to trust in God's sovereignty and the wisdom He gives me on decisions I make for my baby
- all babies are different
- babies are confusing
- Facebook, email, and blogs can be great for sharing Ri with friends and family...but also can take precious time away from what (or I should say, who) matters most
- Not everybody is as proud of Ri for rolling over as I am
- Mommy needs time to herself at least once a week
- emotions still linger long after the newborn stage
- once babies get to the grabby stage, give them a toy or something ELSE to grab during diaper changes
- even when I'm sitting right beside Ri, it's still possible for her to fall and bump her head
- I'm not in control...as much as I try to be
- being a stay-at-home mom isn't much like I imagined but there's nothing else I'd rather do
- ALWAYS plan for getting out of the house to take at least 10 minutes longer than expected
- I will probably cry when Ri turns a year old
- it's hard for me to feel connected at church and with God during this season of my life
- the mistakes I make as a parent are covered by God's grace
- being a parent is awesome....and there's much, much more to learn!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
I found a 2-pack of MainStay brand plastic containers at Walmart for about $3 to store them in (any air-tight container will work).
1. Cut a paper towel (no cheap ones - I like Viva and Brawny) roll in half with knife or tool of your choice
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups of water with 2 Tblsp baby wash and 1 Tblsp baby oil
3. Pour solution over paper towels
4. Let solution soak through (might want to flip container upsidedown for a few minutes)
5. Pull out cardboard piece from middle, pull wipes from middle and presto!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
She hasn't been much interested in rolling over...before Wednesday it had been a couple weeks and before that it had been almost a month. She's yet to roll from her back to her tummy - it's always tummy to back (I think because she prefers her back). She'll go all the way to her side from her back, but not all the way.
Anyway, it seems her mobile days are soon approaching!