Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

Hike in the Mountains

Septtro really wanted to go to the mountains Saturday. I....well, I did not. I feel like I have so much to do at the house and I was gone last weekend. But, I conceded. We went with my mom and my sister-in-law's mom, Cathy - and of course, we brought the dogs. Septtro wanted to find a place where not many people knew about..."The Narrows" of some sort. He looked on the map before we left and said he knew where he was going. Unfortunately, the map wasn't as easy to follow once we got on the little back roads and we found since this was a place that not many people knew about, nobody could tell us where to go. We got lost - asking two country bumpkins drinkin themselves into oblivian while gutting their catch of the day for directions. They weren't much help. Cathy ended up spotting the sign tucked behind some brush and we followed it.


This was when the trail got a bit rough. I wasn't really expecting an hour and a half hike one way.


Cathy and mom

And here it is in all its glory - a river...with rocks. I hiked all this way, knee pain increasing, blisters forming, and feeling like I'm breathing through a straw - for this?? Ok, ok, so the actual "Narrows" were further down from this with a waterfall. But the path was even more narrow and I was tired of walking. Looking back, I should have at least gone to see it. Maybe then I wouldn't have felt so cheated.


mom and me - yeah we pretty much are twinkies


Septtro actually got in the frigid water - and said it felt good


The sun shined down on just him in the water - handsome fella isn't he?


I'm really not normally this dumb. Water shoes are good for wading in the water - NOT hiking over 2 miles. I'll blame it on the pregnancy. :)


Seriously, she has to be one of the prettiest dogs ever.


Baby and me chillin. And yes, that's a skirt. Alert the media! (it was hot and I'd just gotten it as a hand-me-down)


Haha Suka was bein a pansy - although I guess after being thrown in the water (by Septtro) in the past, I might have been a little afraid too.



She won't get on a rock near water but climbed up here all by herself




All in all, the day wasn't really very fun - at least for me. But it was an adventure. And hey, at least we didn't get rained on right? Septtro ended up carrying me the last bit cause my body was just plain tired and we were taking a break every 5 minutes. Mom wasn't able to get a picture of this cause by the time she saw us, he was ready to unload (mom and Cathy left before we did cause they thought they'd slow us down but I think the underestimated how long it'd take me to get back - plus, apparently Tillman turned into a sled dog and pulled Cathy up the hills and stairs).

Oh and another plus, that night, I did got a foot massage for my efforts.

No comments: