Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fire Station Visit

I've been wanting to take Ri to a local fire station for a while now.  I finally called to see when we could come by and they said to come any time.  So we went the next day, which happened to be September 11th.  So the night before, we made them some cookies to say "thanks for serving"!  :)
I decorated these - the American flag was the only creative one that turned out fairly cute.  I'm no artist
 The guy who showed us around was really nice.  He let the girls do and see pretty much anything they wanted. 

Our friends came - Kenli and Lily!

Look how HUGE those tires are!


The helmet was almost as big as her!  And it probably weighed just as much or more!
I think the favorite was the water hose.  We also got on top of the ladder truck, saw the lights (skipped the siren for fear of crying), and asked LOTS of questions.  It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience!  I hope to find other places in our community that we can visit soon!!
If you have served, are serving, or have a family member serving in our military, thank you!  I wish I could send you all cookies!!!  

No comments: