Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Right Now

My right foot is asleep.  I have only one hand free to type.

I had several things on my to-do list for this afternoon.

But then a young girl - who, just yesterday wasn't it? - was learning to crawl, form words, and wave goodbye had a major breakdown over being asked to clean up some dried beans she'd asked to play with.  

After helping her calm down and work through her emotions, she picked up the beans and then grabbed her blanket, and snuck up onto my lap.  

I could feel her head bob a bit.  She kept saying she wasn't tired.  I told her "it's ok, just rest".

Then, very quickly, I felt her body melt into mine; arms and legs twitching as she fell deeper and deeper into sleep. 

So, change of plans; I'll sit here and hold her as long as she'll let me (or as long as her sister naps - whichever comes first).  

No comments: