Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Year Ago...



Dear Ri,

A year ago today, we found out you were a girl!  I knew it all along. :) 

At first, I was really nervous about having a girl because I'm not very girly myself. I was unsure how I felt about the color pink invading my house; along with frills, bows, and baby dolls.  But even before you came into this world, I began to transform.  I began to embrace my own girly side even more (slightly, but more so than before...although I still think make-up is a pain in the hiny so still none for me most of the time).

Anyway, I just want you to know you are free to be girly; free to wear pink, free to play dress up, free to hate dirt, and yes, even free to do ballet if that's what your heart desires.

I love you sweet baby girl and I'm so very thankful to call you my daughter!

1 comment:

Lorren said...

So, it sounds like our deal that "if you have a girly girl you'll give her to me" is off huh? Darn! I'd take her in a second!