Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Hate Football Season

I'm still waiting on my husband.  It's 8:18pm.  Football practice ends at 6:30.  Also, the school is about 35-40 minutes away.

He has lock up duty again this week which means he has to stay until all of the kids are gone.  And a lot of these parents don't really care when they show up to pick up their kids.  Thanks a lot - so thoughtful of you.

I hate football season.
But next year, I can like it again.  Septtro has said this is his last year coaching.  I can't tell you how incredibly thankful I am to hear this.  Both of my girls have been born during football season (well, Kaylee was born a week before it started - Rilynn was born at the end of September).  We'd like to have more kids.  And I really don't want to be husbandless with a newborn again.  Plus, Ri asks where he is often now.  He's such a great dad.  And a great husband.  He's getting his masters to replace the football income.  

That's a big sacrifice for him.  He's not a fan of school.  And he's the greatest coach I know.  He loves football and those boys.  But he's stopping coaching for me - for his family.  

There's two more weeks of the regular season and possibly some post season playoffs depending on how they do. 

I can see the light.  

But right now, I still hate football season.

No comments: