I don't think any mother can deny our job can sometimes get overwhelming. One thing I'm learning is to change my attitude and perspective. These little years go by so quickly. One day, I'm gonna look back and say, "Oh I wish my kids would still...."
So I'm going to try to be intentional about cherishing every moment I can! Man...I hope they know how much I love them!
I'm still learning, mind you. And I'm also human. So I won't always get it right. But I want to cherish as much as I can!
So here it is, my top 25 things I'll miss someday...
1. a sleeping baby/child (really, is there anything more sweet?)
2. covering up a sleeping baby/child with a blanket
3. two of my kids wanting me at the same time
4. wrinkled up noses
5. shoes on the wrong feet
6. hugs...long hugs
7. brushing tangled hair
8. open mouth, slobbery, and teeth-filled kisses
9. small, chubby hands
10. small, chubby feet
11. being followed, even into the bathroom
13. baby wearing
14. cleaning up messes
15. tiny socks that get lost
16. loads and loads of laundry
17. not sleeping all night
18. kissing boo-boos, even pretend ones
19. using (cute) cloth diapers
20. made up words
21. wanting to be carried
22. bed sharing with a tiny person who takes up a ton of room
23. noisy car rides
24. eating a meal with several interruptions
25. feeling needed
I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this. But at least I've recorded some.
What are yours???