Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

16 weeks

Week and day: 16 weeks 2 days

Belly Button in or out: not much of one left

Wedding rings on or off: on

Food cravings: steak!!!

Food aversions: still some types of chicken by itself

Nausea: hardly at all anymore!! yay!!

Energy level: no naps since last week - hello second trimester! I got a lil freaked out Monday cause it was like I woke up and didn't feel pregnant anymore.

Weight gain: I'm not sure how much I've gained but I don't have to eat as much now because 1 - I don't have the room and 2 - I don't feel nauseous

Mood: I feel like I've been letting myself start to enjoy this pregnancy - singing and dancin around the house instead of snapping at Septtro for every little thing because I'm so nervous

Maternity clothes: down to one normal pair of pants that still fit because they sit so low but have been wearing maternity pants more and more - got some shirts from Shawna so I'm not always wearing t-shirts :)

Size of baby: avocado

Changes of baby: baby's eyes are closer to front of head now, head is more erect, toenails forming, heart pumps about 25 quarts each day

Next appointment: April 22nd - to hear the heartbeat...no ultrasound

Other: I keep feeling like maybe I can feel the baby move. I felt it for the first time last Monday (April 6th) - felt like somebody was waving their fingers inside my tummy and it only lasted a couple of seconds. Then it's started to feel like a rolly polly feeling and lasted longer. It's still so faint and those moments are few and far between so I'm always second-guessing myself. I'm a lil nervous to assume it's the baby in case it's not for fear of me lookin silly. :) Oh, and BIG plus, I can sometimes go through the night without having to get up to use the restroom - depending on how late I have something to drink. Oh, and my tailbone has been VERY sore lately - maybe I should get a doughnut pillow. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that's the baby you're feeling in there. You're at the same point I was when I felt her moving around in there. Mine are still so sporadic that I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little nervous sometimes. But she just doesn't seem to move around a lot - the ultrasound proved that. Maybe she's just laid back and comfy! :)

I like the way you do these updates. It'll be neat to look back at in the future.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love the updates! Things are good here - not much going on. I can't believe it's been 16 weeks already! It goes by so much faster when you're not the one watching the clock waiting for the nausea to ease up :)