Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Random

Here's a few random things you may or may not know about me:

1. I've always wanted to be a teacher. I have a picture of when I was very young where I sat my stuffed animals in chairs, sat in front of them, and began teaching however I knew how.

2. When I was about 3 or 4, I fell out of my parent's moving car. All I remember is them (hospital people) picking pieces of pavement out of my skin and putting a jelly-substance on that stung. If I get pressed up against a car door, I may very well have a panic attack.

3. I love learning about medical things and could watch medical shows all day long - the graphic nature of it doesn't bother me. But if I so much as get a scratch myself, I get light-headed.

4. I have nightmares at least once every two weeks about my teeth falling out. I guess it's a hidden fear of mine.

5. I would love to have a big family - lots of children.

6. My husband's name - Septtroplex - is made up. He was born in September (first part) and was born in the Mettroplex (second part) hospital. I call him Septtro because every time I introduce him as Sep, people think I'm saying Seth.

7. The crunching sound from squishing a bug makes me want to hurl.

8. I have to wear sunglasses or goggles to chop an onion.

9. I am a reality TV junkie. (yes I know most of it isn't real)

10. I've never owned a Barbie doll. I had a Skipper doll and a GI Joe.

11. I have a huge place in my heart for children who aren't loved and cared for.

12. My favorite fast food restaurant is Chick Fil A. They treat the customer right.

13. I get huge highs from saving money at grocery stores, drug stores, and Walmart.

14. There aren't many people I feel comfortable crying around...probably enough to count on one hand.

15. I consider myself a self-taught volleyball player. My freshman year in college, my coach taught me how to pass. That's all I learned from a coach.

16. I played baseball with the boys until I was 13.

17. In high school, I felt labeled and extremely misunderstood.

18. If a recipe has more than 6 or 7 ingredients, I get overwhelmed and look for something else.

19. I've realized these past few months that there are a lot of hurting people I come into contact with directly or indirectly every day and I need to be more sensitive.

20. I still sleep with Septtro's shirt he let me borrow (not to wear) when we were dating.

21. I couldn't tell you the actual date when I finally repented of my sins and became a child of God. That used to bother me but not anymore.

22. I've tried to quit biting my nails many times. I've been bribed with money and gifts and I've tried fake nails and the nasty stuff you put on your nails - nothing has worked.

23. The only food to this day that I cannot eat and barely even smell or look at is meatloaf. Thanks mom and dad! ;)

24. My least favorite house chore is dusting. If I can ever afford a cleaning lady, that's what she'll do.

25. I can't watch horror movies.

You're turn!!! :)

2 comments:

MillerFourWays said...

#s 4 & 17 ---- me too!!

Sara said...

i cannot handle more than 6 or 7 ingredients either... i want so badly to be an amazing cook, but i just don't think it's in the cards for me

also, i've embraced biting my nails because i can't quit either...