Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm gonna be an Aunt Sue!!! :)

That's right - I'm gonna be an aunt and I'm SO excited! Shawna (brother's wife) is 15 weeks as of tomorrow. I can't wait to find out if it will be a boy or girl. Then I can commence to buying all kinds of gender-appropriate things. :)

Although I was really looking forward to being pregnant with Shawna and having our kids be so close in age, (I actually found out about it the day before we got our sad news) I know His timing is perfect. Praise the Lord for this precious gift!!! This baby is truly a blessing to all of us and I can't wait to meet him or her!

The baby is due April 22nd. Here's what I'm looking forward to with my niece or nephew:

1. holding that bundle of joy for the first time - Oh I can't wait!
2. babysitting my niece or nephew - for free (that's right, so hand em over!)
3. seeing some of myself in some way in the baby (a laugh, personality, or my oh-so coveted ability to bust a move)
4. taking lots and lots of really fun pictures
5. seeing him or her smile at me, recognize me, and reach out their arms for me
6. watching them play in their first organized sports game or dance recital (face it Mark, it might happen)
7. being able to hype him or her up and then send them home ;)
8. having them meet, become buddies, and pal around with my future kids

I'm not quite sure when the appointment is to find out the gender but rest assured, I will announce as soon as I can. :) Please be in prayer for little baby Steenback and Shawna and Mark. They've been such an encouragement to myself and Septtro. I know both of them will make fantastic parents!

2 comments:

Lorren said...

Being an aunt is pretty amazing, Sue! I love being with Savannah every day, but it's incredible how much I look forward to time I get to spend with my nieces and nephews! I can't wait to hear what they're having- I guess it won't be too much longer til they'll find out!

The Kauffmans said...

I feel like he/she should call you "Auntie Sue". Haha, it just sounds right. ;) ...I might call you that anyway...