Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Thoughts on Waiting

Let's be honest.  Being overdue stinks.  If you have had babies but never gone past your estimated due date, count your mental blessings. 


Apparently, my babies don't like to come early.  And I absolutely agree that it's called **estimated** due date for a reason. But it's still no fun to see that day come and go.

I was five days past my EDD with Kaylee.  Although, according to my calculations she was only two days "late".  I really thought this pregnancy was my most accurate due date yet.  So I suppose I had expectations that I wouldn't really go past my EDD and if I did, not by much.

When will I learn not to have expectations?  :)

Today, I'm three days past my EDD.  I keep having to remind myself that's not much.  And you're not even considered post-date until after 42 weeks.  

My friend sent me a verse I've been reading a lot lately when I start feeling sorry for myself.  

"Surely just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand...For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched-out hand, who can turn it back?" - Isaiah 14:24,27

I want to wait for the Lord's timing.  Throughout this pregnancy He has been showing me my lack of trust in Him.  And I've realized I can't control as much as I'd like.  This is no different.  
40 weeks and 2 days
I actually thought maybe last night would be the night.  I was up more than usual and had stronger contractions.  I tried going back to sleep and it was difficult at first but I did.  And then no baby.  

Not yet.

But it will be soon.  I know it will.  I just have to be patient.

In the mean time, I'll keep making memories with my other two not-so-much-babies-anymore :)

No comments: