Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Hunt Continues

We have been searching for a van now for a few weeks.  It's exhausting.

We've been out-right lied to, insulted, spoken to like we are uneducated, hopeful, disappointed, and frustrated.  But we want to be patient.  We don't want to get a car just so we will be done.  And I've been praying God would make it very clear which van is for us.  So far, He has...every time we found what we thought was a deal, for one reason or another, it didn't work out.

But that doesn't mean the process isn't frustrating; overwhelming at times.  

I can't remember who I talked to about what van when; what all the specs are and for which van it's for and if it's a good deal.  Whether or not a certain year is better than another - maybe on one van but not the other.

I keep finding papers and small notes I've jotted down as I could laying around the house.  I'll be so glad when we can throw them all away.  :)


In the mean time, the girls and I have been going on walks a lot lately.  For one, it's a stress reliever for me - being outside, getting some exercise, welcoming treasures my girls find.  Plus, with not having a car, it gives us something to do.


This is about what Ri would wear every day if I let her

Some good ol slip 'n slide fun is always a nice way to end the day too.

I know we will eventually find the van perfect for our family.  And it will be worth the wait.  And honestly, being stranded at home with no car hasn't been terrible since it's been warm enough to play outside with water.  Plus Septtro will be done with school and out for the summer after next week.

And so, the hunt continues.  I have a lead on a van I'll call about in the morning.  We shall see!

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I do not look forward to replacing my van. Ugh, it is so stressful! Hope you find yours soon!!!