Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

We Have a Name!

We decided on a name - about an hour before we left the hospital...

Kaylee Aveolela

I think it suits her perfectly!

Kaylee comes from a combination of family names on my side (Kay is a middle name for several female relatives and Lee is my dad's middle name). Plus, we have always liked names starting with a "K".

Aveolela is Samoan and it means rays of sun. It's pronounced "ah-veh-oh-leh-la". I LOVE the meaning for several reasons. One, she was born in the summer. Two, this birthing experience was definitely a bright spot in my emotional struggles that lingered from my first birthing experience. And lastly, I hope and pray she can be rays of sunshine for the Lord!

I am recovering well and feel SO much better this time around! I promise to post my birth story soon. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

3 comments:

Sara T. said...

Can't wait to read your birth story!!!

fosterheartsathome said...

She's such a beauty! I am so happy that this birth turned out to be so enlightening for you in so many ways!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Beautiful, beautiful name! And it IS perfect!!! She is such a pretty, precious little girl!