Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

Pink - it's my favorite color

Ok so pink really isn't my faaaaavorite color - per se. But I've come to realize that many people are a bit timid or - dare I say - scared to give me anything for my Ladybug that even resembles the color pink. Please hear this: the color pink and I get along just fine. I would say we've become quite close friends these past few years. I may have misled some when I mentioned I hope if I have a girl, everything isn't completely pink. Allow me to clarify...I think pink is cute and believe Ladybudy will look absolutely gorgeous in it. In fact, I will welcome pink things of any sort. All I meant before was that I didn't want EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) to be pink. I mean, c'mon let's face it - too much of one color can be quite overwhelming; even downright boring. I guess I had nightmares about everything just being completely and utterly solid pink...like a huge bottle of Pepto exploded - leaving no traces of any other color. I don't mean I don't want anything solid pink...I just had these visions of my nursery and house turning into the house of pink.

All that to say, bring it on. Bring on the girly things - I'm ready! I realize I'm not the girliest of girls but I will help my Ladybug fully embrace her girliness to the best of my ability.

P.S. Please note: anything saying "I'm in charge", "I'm the boss", "attitude", "spoiled" or anything of the sort will not grace my Ladybug's precious caramel-colored skin no matter what color it is...sorry, but I just personally don't think it's cute and it's not the message I'd like her to send to others no matter how old she is.

P.P.S. Does this post make people want to get me absolutely NOTHING??? Perhaps I may find myself shopping for my own clothes for my Ladybug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have long been a fan of the color pink. But I had a dream before I knew Iva was Iva (and not Darby) that EVERYTHING at my shower was pink!! All different shades. And I remember waking up excited by the fact that IT COULD BE A GIRL!! But also thinking, "MAN!! That was TOO much pink!"

You're right! Too much of a "good thing" is not a good thing! :)

Joy@WDDCH said...

I've known many anti-pink people to buy EVERYTHING in pink once they have baby girls. Just something about little girls that screams pink.

I also really love purples on little girls!

Jennifer Malone Rodriguez said...

hahaha!! It's amazing to me how alike we are....I was adamant that the nursery would not look like a bottle of Pepto Bismol had exploded! And since I refused to wear pink myself for years (because my room when I was a child looked like a bottle of Pepto Bismol had exploded in it), most people that knew me well bought Mia clothes of other colors..yet still girly! Since it's so hot here, she runs around in a onesie most of the time anyway....that is, if she's not wearing only a diaper! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Suz, I'm not crazy about clothes that give the impression that "this" child is self-centered. She won't need any help 'cause kids are by nature self-centered (we all are - flesh). Glad to hear about the "pink" thing. I have been avoiding it - now I will embrace it. (jk...at least I won't push it aside anymore).
Mrs. K.